The College of Regional Development in Prague was established by the decision of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic in 2003, when the School obtained, in accordance with the Czech Higher Education Act, the state's approval to provide higher education. At present the School ranks among the small-sized, yet well-established and dynamically growing private higher education institutions in the Czech Republic.
The focus of the College of Regional Development (VŠRR) is traditionally applied management: education of public and regional administration management, regional development management focused on HR, tourism management, population safety and protection management, always internationally interlinked with the European Union. The VŠRR 's strategic priority after its integration into the EDUA Group is to grow in these fields and in other areas of business management, economy, and entrepreneurship.
More facts about the College of Regional Development:
- More than 370 students now study in three accredited bachelor study programmes and more than 1,000 students have successfully graduated.
- The VŠRR cooperates with more than 40 lecturers, 3 professors, 28 docents and doctors, as well as professionals in the respective areas.
- The academic staff of the VŠRR are engaged as researchers or co-researchers in European research and application projects and other projects that involve students, especially within Student Research and Professional Activity.
- The VŠRR jointly with Civitas per Populi co-publishes a periodical of Regional Development between the Theory and Practice (ISSN 1805-3246). The periodical is a peer-reviewed journal addressing regional development issues.
- The VŠRR has been enlisted among successful applicants for cooperation in the framework of Erasmus+ and was certified by the EC executive agency for the new Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) aiming at quality of students and staff mobility for the period of 2014-2020. The VŠRR consistently supports student and academic staff mobility.
- It cooperates with foreign universities such as Kaiserslautern University of Technology, College of European Studies and Regional Development, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, Police Academy of the Slovak Republic in Bratislava, Žilina University, and others.
- Regularly organizes expert conferences.
- Applies individual approach to every student including study, social or profession consultancy and scholarship.
- Students can obtain a financial support for learning languages or vocational training organized by other institutions within the EDUA Group.
- The contents of lessons are systematically and regularly re-accredited in the light of developing knowledge in the disciplines. The VŠRR is for instance a researcher of the OPPA no. CZ.2.17/3.1.00/32599: Innovation of bachelor study programme in the context of the Bologna process placing emphasis on the learning outcomes.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is subject to regular evaluation and the VŠRR applies consistent quality control in compliance with Czech and European standards.
- The practice confirms that graduates fulfil their career expectations.
The VŠRR is divided into departments and other expert sections such as Foreign Cooperation, Study Section, and Library.
School Organization Chart – Departments:
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Regional Science
- Department of Applied Law Enforcement
- Department of Special & Psychological Social Disciplines